- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour (we used wholemeal due to personal preference)
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- Sesame seeds (white/black)
- Add a little bit of the warm water into a bowl. Proceed to add the Salt, Yeast, Sugar and Oil and mix well.
- Add the 3 cups All Purpose Flour to the bowl and add the remainder of the water. Mix and knead well.
- Oil the bowl well.
- Leave the dough mixture to rest for at least 2 hours.
- Place oil on surface and knead the dough until elastic and spongy.
- Create round portions of the dough and flatten, use the large end of a glass to mark the center and use the smaller end to mark within the larger mark.
- Sprinkle with Sesame seeds.
- Prepare your Tandoor, use hard wood and ensure the Tandoor is well lit to adequately heat the walls.
- Allow the fire to die down and begin to place the bread on the walls of the Tandoor using a Gaddi. Apply some water on the surface of the Gaddi.