Firstly, it is important to comprehensively read and follow our user guide. The user guide contains critical first use information that must be adhered to.
Some other points regarding your purchased new tandoor:
- When kindling new tandoor, always remember to remove the top lids and ash tube cover
- When cooking food, always close the lids on your new tandoor. The tandoor cannot maintain temperature and cook evenly if the lid is open as the flame and temperature will increase.
- Always wear heat protective gloves when using your tandoor. The gloves should be made of natural fibers and not synthetic materials. The ceramic and metal work surface of the new tandoor will reach extremely high temperatures during use.
- Use only dry firewood and store your firewood in a dry location. Although damp firewood will burn, it will create a lot of smoke that will annoy your neighbors!
- Take care and due diligence, when dealing with fire, never exclude the possibility of starting unintended fires. Pay close attention to leaves, twigs, or other combustible materials that are close to the tandoor, because they may come into contact with hot embers emanating from the tandoor. Never leave the tandoor unattended while ignited.
- Do not ignite or try to use your tandoor indoors.
When used as intended and in accordance with safety requirements, the Artisan tandoor will perform as the best tandoor on the market and is extremely safe and reliable, you will be happy to use one for many years to come.
The user is responsible for the safe use of the tandoor and the continuous implementation of safety rules to ensure it operates at the best tandoor conditions.
When you have finished cooking, tightly close the lower ash tube cover and place the large and small upper lids on the tandoor. Due to the thick ceramic walls, the cooling process takes several hours.
NEVER extinguish the fire inside the tandoor with water, liquid or any other substance !!
We recommend storing the tandoor under a roofed area or to cover it using a water-proof/moisture resistant cover. The tandoor should not be susceptible to rain and moisture.
With each tandoor, we have included a dust-proof/moisture proof cover. If the tandoor does become wet, it must be left to dry naturally in the sun before use.
Do not dry the tandoor artificially (using a blow dryer etc) as this may lead to an increase in cracks.
Small cracks. If initially they did not exist, then they are likely to appear during the first ignition of your tandoor, and subsequently the tandoor will “breathe” at the expense of these cracks.
In order to make them as inconspicuous as possible, it is necessary to raise the temperature in the tandoor as smoothly and slowly as possible during the first ignition. Please see our User guide for instructions on the first ignition and continued use.
Very easy! Artisan Tandoors are extremely easy to use. We are even ready to assure you that the very first dish cooked in Tandoor will be your greatest culinary achievement. Although the operation of the Tandoor requires some skill and a little practice. Basically you need to keep track of time, because in the Tandoor, food is cooked much faster than in a standard gas/charcoal BBQ or in the oven.
The tandoor is made from environmentally friendly chamotte ceramic, fired at temperatures above 1100 degrees Celsius, for strength and aesthetics it is bound with steel framework. Despite the fact that when in use, hairline cracks may occur, the steel forged framework firmly supports the tandoor’s structural integrity. The life span of a tandoor is unlimited; if used properly, it will last for years and decades.
The first and most important advantage is that our tandoors are made from environmentally friendly ceramic materials. Thick ceramic walls accumulate and retain the temperature incredibly efficiently. There is absolutely no need to flip the skewers or meat, let alone repeatedly paste with marinade, to create juicy dishes.
The second advantage is that the tandoor design is aesthetically pleasing, which adds immensely to the ambiance of your backyard, patio or pergola in addition to allowing you to cook mouth-watering dishes!
Due to the high temperature inside the oven, the meat is cooked much faster than on the grill and the dishes remain as succulent as possible.
In metal grills, the constant need to maintain heat, leaving through metal parts, is the main reason for reducing the quality of dishes, often too dry. Our tandoors retain the moisture in food and prepare the food much faster and tastier.