Kebab Uroog (Kiklet) are mince meat patties originating from Iraq. Often served in flatbread with Hummus, Baba Ghanoush, Amba (Mango pickles) and Salad. It is a popular street food option. Easily cooked in our Artisan Tandoor or Tanoor oven!
In Iraq Tanoor (Tandoor) are a popular cooking method for flatbreads, meat and fish.
- 1kg Lamb Mince Meat
- 1 Whole Brown Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 bunch of Parsley
- Baharat spice
- Finely chop the onions, parsley and garlic cloves.
- Add the chopped ingredients with the mince meat in a mixing bowel.
- Add 1 tbsp of Baharat spice.
- Add 3 tbsp of bread crumbs.
- Add salt per your preference.
- Mix the mince and added ingredients together well.
- With your hands, make small oval shaped patties.
- Place the patties (known as Uroog) onto the Artisan Tandoor rack and place inside your Artisan Tandoor oven. Approximate cooking time is 10 minutes or less depending on the heat intensity of your Artisan Tandoor.
- Historically served with Hummus, Baba Ganoush, Amba (Mango pickles) and Garden Salad.