Barramundi is a classic Australian fish that simply tastes amazing in the Artisan Tandoor oven!
In this recipe, you will be able to cook succulent fish and delicious rice that is flavoured with the juices of the fish during the cooking process.
- Whole Barramundi fish
- Basmati rice
- Black Pepper
- Saffron or Turmeric powder
- Olive oil
- Whole Lemon
- Cut the whole fish into smaller portions.
- Dry the fish thoroughly with paper towel.
- Place the fish on a plate or in a tray.
- Add to the fish: Salt, black Pepper, Paprika and olive oil.
- Massage the ingredients well with the fish.
- Soak the rice for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Place the rice in a pot that will be used in the bottom tier of theprovided cooking rack with your Artisan Tandoor oven.
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil (based on 1 1/2 cup rice) and salt to taste.
- Add Saffron or Turmeric powder to the rice.
- Add water and ensure the rice is covered with water.
- Place the pot at the bottom tier of your cooking rack.
- Place the fish on the tiers above.
- Once your Artisan Tandoor oven is ignited and the wood hasburnt down to the state of coals, place the tiered rack inside the tandoor.
- The rice and fish should cook together, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- After plating fish, squeeze juice of Lemon as preferred on fish.